So… there are all kinds of ways one could introduce oneself. Let’s just go with a quick bullet point list here, because a lot of my future posts are likely to dive deep into specifics.
- Name: you can call me Starthief.
- Starthief?: Yeah, It’s a nickname my spouse gave me once because I was playing dirty at Mario Party.
- Really?: I mean, also I like stars generally, both in an astronomical sense and for various personal spiritual reasons, so at the end of 2015 when I wanted to choose a new band name, I went with that.
- Age: still younger than 30… in hexadecimal.
- No, really…?: non-binary.
- Pronouns: “they/them,” or anything, I’m not fussy.
- Body type: disappointing.
- Day job: software engineer. C++ mostly.
- But really: an electronic musician!
- Genre: “uneasy listening”, spooky, dark, ambient, abstract
- Music gear: Eurorack, MicroBrute, pedals, Maschine, software.
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri.
- Play live?: not currently.
- Pets: 1 cat, 2 dogs, fish. Previously, lizards.
- Politics: democratic socialist, opposed to cruelty and fascism.
- Religion: complicated; generally pagan.
Anything I missed that you’re curious about? Ask me in the comments.