I have a track on the LCRP (Lines Community Remix Project) compilation Feedback February.
And though I haven’t blogged about it, I have finished The Castle, mastered it (with very little difficulty this time), did the artwork and am putting finishing touches on the writeup.
The details of the gear/plugin usage stats don’t matter, but the general gist I get from it:
- I like Clouds and Mimeophon a whole lot!
- My secondary goal of working on filter techniques could use more work.
- I could also use FM Aid and Flexshaper more.
- I could use my pedals more, especially Tensor.
- I could probably trim back my plugin selection a little more.
- All these “coulds” don’t matter that much if I’m making good music.
One disturbing technical problem I ran into was scratchiness/jumpy values on the 16n Faderbank. It could be only the analog CV outputs and not the MIDI values, but I need to check that. Maybe the faders need to be cleaned with some sort of goop or maybe I can fix it either with indirect routing or slewing. Or maybe I need to talk to the builder (and maybe get the sliders replaced with linear ones like it should have been built with), or even switch to a control surface from Faderfox or MIDI Fighter. One way or another, dealing with this is on my to-do list.