Last night my spouse finished pyrography on the new case, and I spent about 4 hours getting everything (except the FX pedals) installed, wired up and tested.
The art takes some inspiration from a diagram of black hole evaporation, and some clipart and tattoo designs. But it also has more of a feeling of fantasy and whimsy and magic, and I like this combination a lot. 🙂 I’m really pleased at how this turned out and it was definitely worth waiting a couple of extra weeks for.
I’m still waffling on the tattoo thing though.
Outlining the changes from version 1.1 to 2.0:
- ER-301 replaced Tyme Sefari/A Sound of Thunder, Chronoblob, Hertz Donut mk2, Warps, Cinnamon, Dynamo, Crossfold, and the Geiger Counter pedal. (Plus it does more things that those never could, and continues to gain new abilities…)
- Maths replaced Function, Mini Slew, 321, and Pico A Logic.
- QPAS replaced Twinpeak.
- Sputnik 5-Step Voltage Source and Selector replace Mimetic Digitalis.
- I let go of Maze, Double Helix, G8 and the Monobius pedal.
- I added the 16n Faderbank, Volca Modular, Doepfer BBD and Erbe-Verb.
- Incoming: Xaoc Tallin is replacing ModDemix and DTA.
- Incoming: ADDAC200PI Pedal Integrator is replacing S.B.G.
Overall that’s 21 modules and two pedals out, 9 modules and an awesome controller and a tiny standalone synth in. I feel like I expanded the system, but it’s smaller, less expensive, arranged better, and still has a little space to grow later on if I’m careful about power requirements.